Kinematics creates motion control solutions for mission-critical systems in demanding environments. Based in the U.S. with global operations, we reliably deliver on diverse customer needs and have the manufacturing expertise to deliver any volume cost effectively.
For close to three decades, we have been innovating solutions and working closely with our customers to provide the most reliable, bankable drives across multiple industries. Today, with over 2.5 million drives globally deployed, representing hundreds of millions of hours of operation, we are proud of our role in sustainably supporting critical applications across the industrial, satellite and solar sectors.
Kinematics was founded in 1996, has 400 employees globally, is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with sales offices in North America and Europe, and manufacturing operations in the United States, Jiangyin, China and Nogales, Mexico.
About The Position:
The individual will support our growing company in Phoenix, AZ. In this position, you will work cross-functionally across our business entities to support the development of gearing and motion control systems. The Senior Product Engineer will report to the Chief Technology Officer in the Research and Development department.
- Design and develop gear systems for various applications ensuring functionality, reliability, and cost efficiency.
- Utilize 3D modeling software to create accurate and detailed designs of gear systems and assemblies.
- Perform calculations and simulations to evaluate capacity, performance, stress, and durability of gear and bearing assemblies.
- Develop appropriate test plans for validating product designs and build predictive models based on results.
- Interface with customers as needed to review requirements and test results.
- Lead or participate in various continuous improvement activities.
- Manage multiple projects that deliver high quality results.
- Willing to travel as needed up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline, Master’s Degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience mechanical design in manufacturing with expertise in gearing and motion control. Worm gear / wearing gear design and manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D modeling software
- Extensive background in mechanical engineering, DFM, DFA, materials, stress analysis, failure modes, and GD&T
- Proven experience in project management and new product introduction
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com with the job title (“Sr. Product Engineer) in the subject line.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a collaborative work environment that values innovation and creativity.
Kinematics, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.