The role of Account Manager (AM) at Lightning Labels requires a successful track record of focused account development, as well as the ongoing management of new and existing accounts. The AM is responsible for all aspects of the sales process, including lead development, account establishment, and account development and management. After closing the sale and establishing the account, the AM is responsible for discovering new opportunities for growth within the account; increasing volume and revenue through the diverse product portfolio Lightning Labels offers. Understanding and developing the potential of new and existing accounts is key to being successful in this role. You will work closely with marketing and at times production, to develop and enhance sales strategies and new applications for our products. The ideal candidate with have the ability to actively seek out new sales opportunities by calling, networking and using social media. You will be responsible for discovering and pursuing new sales opportunities, maintaining customer satisfaction, and retaining your assigned accounts.
Your goal is to meet and exceed the company’s expectations to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and develop relationships with account contacts to determine account growth potential
- Explain our products and services to potential clients during the initial sales cycle and introduce new services and products to existing accounts assigned to you
- Engage with Marketing and Production with new applications for specific products
- Answer questions and address client concerns/objections to close new prospects
- Aid in determining how well various products are performing, identify areas where improvement could be made, and keep an eye on competitive products and competitors in the market in order to improve sales strategies and grow your book of business
- Determine what constitutes success with every account by analyzing unique opportunities and understanding their label print needs
- Assist in development of product pricing and positioning strategies to win and grow business
- Gain a deep understanding of the customer experience - identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas
- Work with and manage vendors as needed to ensure established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met, and monitor workflow and production interval expectations
- Communicate and update customers as needed (daily in some cases) on meeting production deadlines and ship dates.
- You must have exceptional communication skills, both in writing and verbal, including outstanding phone skills. You must truly enjoy helping people solve problems, and be excited to engage as a true advocate for their success.
- 3+ years working with clients and managing key relationships, including an active sales-related position managing a book of growing business
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, own the sales process to develop and manage accounts effectively. Set achievable goals, and get tasks done timely and efficiently
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage several projects and time, throughout each day
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to work as a helpful and thoughtful member of a high performing team
- Proven ability to develop new and existing accounts to expand product penetration and grow revenues year over year
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Environment is typically general office, though the incumbent may spend short periods in the manufacturing environments with exposure including but not limited to dust, dirt, high noise levels and variations in temperature. Occasional exposure to one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions 0% to 10% of work time.
- Incumbent constantly required to hear, speak, articulate, and use manual dexterity.
- Incumbent regularly required to stand, walk, use color vision, grasp, reach, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Incumbent occasionally required to carry and lift up to 25 lbs.