About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
The position is responsible for making PLC, Robotic, HMI and other Electrical / Instrumentation changes for improved, maintenance, troubleshooting, and safety; oversees and manages facility calibration program; assists in the training and mentoring of Maintenance associates in resolving equipment oriented issues; designing upgrades or new installations for increased reliability; and partially responsible for filling in as a Maintenance Associate during planned and unplanned absences or during periods of high work demand.
- Develops, test, and troubleshoot machinery and equipment improvements by applying knowledge, industry best practices and of equipment technology
- Creates/Reviews project instructions and blueprints to assert test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions, such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies
- Perform in-house calibrations, maintain all calibration documentation, certificates and labeling in compliance with ISO9001 standards.
- Write technical manuals, work instructions and operating procedures for various types of equipment
- Drafts PID loop drawings, update1 line drawings or circuit sketches, ensure regulatory requirements related to ARC flash, NFPA, and electrical codes.
- Provides guidance to Maintenance personnel in matters related to electrical documentation understanding, spare parts and repair procedures
- Approve design and modification packages for plant equipment, including design drawings, engineering specifications, calculations, tabulations, requisitions, bills of materials, test documents, procurement specifications, etc.
- Provide Maintenance Associate shift coverage as needed
- Ensure safety infrastructure equipment is inspected, calibrated and working within ranges defined by regulatory requirements, industry best practices, or Cormetech policy and procedures
- Plans and installs primary and secondary controls, diagnoses electrical / electronic problems, replaces or repairs parts, detects, configure and replaces defective control equipment, bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, install control boxes, cabinets, fuses or motor starters up to 480 vac.
- Special projects as assigned
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent work related experience
- Must be able to work day or night shift and weekends as required for the tasks assigned
- Fanuc Robotics with Karel programming is a plus
- Computer skills, reading wiring diagrams, programming, troubleshooting, creative thinking
- Team oriented, with a blend of technical and interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- SolidWorks or AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of conveyors, gear reduction and torque calculations, materials of construction, bearings, lubricants, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Experience with Electrical Systems and National Electric Code.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming, industrial controls, AC and DC drives, facility equipment, schematics, controls troubleshooting/diagnosis, systems design, etc.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.