Reports To: Coordinator of Tours and Visitor Learning Programs
Type of Internship: Unpaid internship; part-time; 15-24 hours per week. Must be able to work Fridays either half-day or full-day.
As part of the Visitor Learning division of the Education Department, you will provide administrative assistance for the tour program and assist with projects as needed. You will play an important role assisting education staff in planning for and implementing learning opportunities within the Gardner Museum by assisting with tour outreach, working with volunteers, providing administrative support, and assisting with audience research. Additionally, you will have the option to focus on a larger project, serving both your interests and the Gardner’s. The Tours and Visitor Learning Intern will gain administrative and marketing skills, have an opportunity to learn about visitor centered approaches to teaching and learning in art museums, and gain valuable experience working in a creative, team based environment.
• Rising college junior or senior or graduate student who has a strong interest in a visitor-centered approach in museum education, visitor research, and/or evaluation
• Academic concentration preferably in Education, Art History, Art Education, Museum Education, or Museum Studies
• Self-motivation, a desire to learn more about museum education, and a positive attitude
• Strong interest in a visitor-centered approach in museum education, visitor research, and evaluation
• Desire to work with a variety of people from student visitors to museum volunteers
• You must possess a strong interest in working with a variety of people and working both independently and collaboratively
• Along with being a creative and flexible thinker, you must also be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs
To apply for this position, please use our online application and include both a resume and cover letter. This is our preferred application method.
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified minorities, women, people with disabilities, and military veterans to apply.
No phone calls, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.