Job Summary: To keep displays, coolers, and shelves for packaged grocery, chill, frozen, meat, beer & wine and bulk dept’s fully stocked and rotated. To help the Grocery Dept meet the goals and objectives as laid out in the OCC business plan. Most importantly, you will ensure a positive Co-op image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members by using the (S)mile (E)ngage (T)hank you approach.
- Learn and utilize department stocking white board.
- Truck day product needs to be stocked daily.
- Stock displays fully without overcrowding; face items on shelves.
- Rotate older stock to front, making space for new stock.
- Pull short-date or low-quality items and follow established procedures for recording and disposing of them.
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs, when necessary. Report price discrepancies to buyers.
- Maintain stocking lists for other shifts. Notify buyers of out-of-stocks.
- Check deliveries to verify piece count, notify buyer of discrepancies.
- Reconciling quantity of product on delivery matches invoice
- Check for damage and unacceptable quality, notify buyer of problems.
- Help with unloading as needed.
- Rotate overstock into storage.
III. DEPARTMENT MAINTENANCE
- Ensure that unsellable items are returned or otherwise properly disposed of, following established procedures.
- Remove trash promptly, clean sample domes, sweep and mop floor.
- Ensure that department areas (aisles, shelves, bins, and storage areas) are kept in clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Use equipment safely. Monitor cooler and freezer temperatures. Advise Grocery Manager of equipment problems.
- Keep department equipment in assigned area, in working order.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Grocery Manager.
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
IV. CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Assist customers with product questions, in prompt and friendly manner.
- Assist customers with special orders.
- Offer educated suggestions for purchases and ways to prepare products.
V. OTHER DUTIES
- Perform other tasks assigned by Grocery Manager and/or General Manager.