Are you a technically minded person who enjoys helping customers solve challenging problems? Vanguard Software Corporation is looking for a Project Manager. In this role you’ll be responsible for leading effective and efficient team meetings, ensuring team members/stakeholders are appropriately informed, and communicating project tradeoffs and decisions to ensure forward moving progress of the project. You’ll also be responsible for supporting creation and maintenance of complex timelines and milestone tracking. You will collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams on a daily basis.
Vanguard Software Corporation has been in business for over 25 years and we are hiring due to a fast growth stage. We work with large fortune 500 companies, producing software that drives their forecasting and analytics. We work in groups in our Cary offices, so this position is not suitable for telecommuters. This position requires 25 to 30 percent travel. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. We invite you to talk with us about our solid work culture and benefits.
• Applies project metrics and risk management principles to identify and mitigate potential schedule impacting items
• Encourages and motivates project team members to accomplish assigned tasks
• Drives the overall progress of assigned projects towards completion, using good judgment in determining when to escalate issues to management
• May perform as a project leader on small to mid-size projects
• Leverages understanding of product domain to support concept/new feature development efforts
• Understands the level of detail necessary to ensure accurate project reporting and consistently provides clear and accurate project documentation
• Understands interdependencies of and demonstrated ability to develop good relationships between the various team(s) and external entities (e.g. customers, suppliers, etc.)
• Identifies and resolves possible conflicts
• Collaborate and add value through participation in design reviews, providing input, feedback, and process improvement suggestions