Vanguard Software is looking for experienced (3+ years) Software Engineers who want to jump in head first and become a member of a best-in-class team of developers working diligently to move our technology forward. We are an established software firm experiencing explosive growth in the predictive analytics and forecasting industry. We work with large fortune 500 companies, producing software that drives their forecasting and analytics. You will be designing, developing, and delivering enterprise-level SaaS software applications and programming in a proprietary Vanguard language. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceptional problem-solving skills and analytical ability. If you would like to use your creativity to grow in your career and gain personal satisfaction from helping clients achieve their goals, we want to talk with you!
In this position, you will:
- Interact directly with customers, our internal development team, our external partners and other stakeholders to ensure customer success.
- Work with technical teams and senior architects to finalize architecture specifications, and create designs as it relates to the customization and/or integration of software solutions.
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of project delivery, including during the deployment and implementation of the solution in production environments.
- Exposure to the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters, including test plan execution and software quality needs.
- Work with other Implementation team members to help grow functional and technical knowledge within the company.
- Analyze requirements, assess the risk, collaborate with stakeholders and leads to produce thoughtful software designs.
- Own the delivery of an entire feature set and serve as a technical lead on complex projects.
- Experience with technical assessment, scope, and manage changes to the code based on new business requirements, product enhancements, and other change requests.
- Maintain architectural principals and coding standards across the code and project life cycles.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
- Add input and generate new opportunities to improve the current technology stack by developing ideas and solutions with new emerging technologies.
What You Bring to The Team
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, delivering, and leading enterprise web and desktop applications, working in a software development capacity. Your focus is on the process and thinking through problems and understanding how to make the software work in our space, rather than having focused on small technical pieces of a larger puzzle.
- Passion for creating innovative software solutions for complex customer requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field or applicable years of experience in the industry.
Other desirable traits:
- Exposure to the architecture and development of business solutions.
- Knowledge in implementation of enterprise level SaaS software.
- Experience as a client-facing or professional services-oriented software developer.
- Exposure to demand planning, supply planning, and/or financial planning.
Career: Competitive pay, growth opportunities, 401k with company match
Work-life balance: Comprehensive employer-sponsored health coverage plans, paid time off, casual dress attire, brand new office
Freebies: Wide coffee selection, stocked breakroom, regular treats and celebrations
Culture and Values: We foster a positive, open, and supportive team environment.
To empower companies to make strategic planning decisions that improve business outcomes.
We play as a team.
We are ambitious and think big.
We strive to make customers happy.
We build with simplicity not complexity.
Vanguard Software is on a significant growth trajectory with a solid track record to back it up. We have been doing business for 25+ years, but we still have the flexibility of a startup. This ensures opportunity to learn a wide range of skills from business leaders and industry experts. We work in groups in our Cary offices, so this position is not suitable for telecommuters.
Vanguard Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. You must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. We invite you to talk with us about our solid work culture and benefits!