Provide quality customer service in answering the Bank’s incoming telephone calls and responding to various electronic communications. Follow up on telephone calls and messages as needed to ensure good customer service. Escalate complex issues to management or other departments as appropriate. Process various system maintenance and adjustments to customer accounts across multiple electronic formats.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer incoming telephone calls – follow up, transfer or escalate as necessary
• Identify sales and retention opportunities by recognition of customer needs
• Process ancillary system enrollments, general maintenance and review
• Provide technical support of ancillary systems to customers and staff
• Process research requests relating to customer inquiries
• Prepare and/or conduct periodic review of various reports
• Develop knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and general information
• Maintain interpersonal customer service skills – written and oral
• Develop a basic understanding of operation in other departments
• Assist in communication for the Overdraft Privilege Program
• Encode checks, process mail, perform general filing and correspondence
• Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Successfully complete training programs as necessary
• Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER Bank of Greene County is a federal contractor and an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
BANK SECRECY ACT (BSA) Before assuming any duties, each employee will be trained in the proper filing and logging procedures for large currency transactions and the sale of monetary instruments.
Each employee will immediately report suspicious currency transactions or activity to their immediate supervisor or the BSA Officer.
All employees will become familiar with how their customers handle their accounts and will report any transactions that are not within the normal activities of the customer.
The employee will be trained in compliance with the BSA, USA PATRIOT ACT and associated laws and regulations under the Bank’s Compliance Program as it pertains to his or her job functions. Employees are expected to meet all compliance requirements as stated within the Bank’s BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Program. Failure to meet these compliance standards may adversely affect performance appraisals and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. Employee’s compliance violations may result in termination, individual fines, and possible imprisonment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Minimum of one year of customer service experience – financial institution experience preferred
• Basic knowledge of computer operation and the ability to utilize the Bank’s software
• Demonstrate pleasant vocal tone and inflection
• Must show initiative, reliability and team orientated attitude
• Strong organization and problem solving skills