The Area Manager is responsible for overseeing operations of 3-5 aquatic facilities in a seasonal capacity. Responsible for; client satisfaction, employee engagement and scheduling. The Area Manager will also lifeguard in addition to management responsibilities.
- Communicate with the client on a weekly basis. Act as a client relations representative to address any client problems, issues, and disagreements and communicate all client issues to Regional Managers.
- Assisting with preseason client kick-off meetings and introducing yourself to all clients, prior to the start of the core season.
- Responsible for daily and weekly Tally Sheets, Chemical Logs, Accident, Incident and Rescue Reports.
- Responsible for communicating feedback to employees; consisting of praise, coaching and discipline.
- Responsible for communicating escalated employee, client issues and concerns to Regional Managers.
- Responsible for holding lifeguards to the standard of the American Red Cross certification, the Ohio Revised Code and Hastings Water Works standards and policies.
- Responsible for all documentation to be properly completed, facility cleanliness and customer satisfaction.
- Trains all lifeguards to specific facility policies and procedures, along with Hastings Water Works policies and procedures.
- Responsible for basic pool service knowledge; which may include, but not be limited to: Backwash pool filter system, cleaning pump baskets, cleaning skimmer baskets, managing chemical feeder, replacing chemical injectors, balancing pool chemistry, priming a pool pump.
- Ability to supervise a team of 10-15 employees
- Ability to adapt to change priorities quickly
- Work a regular 40 hour work week with approximately half of the hours lifeguarding at pools in designated area
- Responsible for daily review and approval of lifeguard time-sheets for accuracy and make appropriate adjustments when needed – for lifeguards
- Responsible for bi-weekly review of lifeguard time-sheets for accuracy.
- Responsible for inventory management of supplies and chemicals at facilities within designated district
- Manage the lifeguard schedule, lifeguard availability, lifeguard requests and communicate through When I Work
- Finalize Area Schedule.
- Superior client service orientation
- Strong communication skills, written, verbal, and public speaking, including active listening
- Excellent interpersonal skills and is energetic, driven, and able to motivate others
- Must be able to motivate and address personnel and attitude issues
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume cyclical environment
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to address performance issues in a timely and professional manner
- Valid driver’s license with safe driving record
- Must have a smartphone
- Must have reliable transportation