The Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for the project management, design, development, testing, and qualification of aircraft environmental control systems while being accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities. Position will provide engineering oversight of microprocessor-based control systems, motor drives, power distribution systems, and test equipment. The Project Engineer must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques, and procedures for design in performance-critical environments. Must demonstrate outstanding communication skills and be able to generate clear technical reports and other documents, including performance and qualification test plans. Candidate will interface with OEM personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
Project Management - 35%
1. Independently create and present project budgets and schedules to ensure company and customer needs are met.
2. Run weekly project status meetings and determine recovery efforts.
3. Elevate the need for additional resources or significant budget overruns.
4. Lead design reviews to ensure customer requirements and strategic goals can be met and remove roadblocks as necessary.
5. Coordinates projects with applicable regulatory agencies.
6. Effectively manages assigned team of designers/engineers.
7. Assist with RFP development efforts and review proposals.
8. Coordinate the verification and validation efforts to show compliance to project requirements such as PDRs, CDRs, and testing.
9. Ensures that design projects have adequate support from with ACC stakeholders.
10. Oversee prototyping, production, and integration of system products.
11. Ensure a good formal hand off from the Projects Group to the Sustaining Group to ensure a complete transfer of information to enable comprehensive product life cycle management.
12. Ensures needed outside services (e.g. testing, consultants) are coordinated appropriately.
13. Ability to meet personal and project commitments with minimal oversight.
Design - 30%
1. Strong knowledge/understanding of aviation regulations and certification processes.
2. Ensure high-quality and cost-effective solutions for customer-driven product requests.
3. Strong understanding of motor and motor controller design and technologies.
4. Strong experience performing and designing for DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 requirements.
5. Develop and configure software for the control, monitoring, and communication of system components.
6. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Engineering design software (OrCAD).
7. Identifies the need for test equipment and tooling to support the production of designs.
8. Ability to technically evaluate and select electrical hardware components.
9. Generate comprehensive test plans and reports.
10. Generation of Certification/Qualification Plans, analyses, reports, and other project substantiating data.
11. Approve drawings, certification/qualification/performance/endurance test plans, reports, and other project substantiating data.
12. Intermediate proficiency with company’s ERP system.
Customer Support - 15%
1. Responds in a timely, professional, and accurate manner to all external requests for support.
2. Travel when needed to interface directly with customers.
3. Professionally represent the company when interacting with external customers.
4. Coordinate project efforts with vendors.
Collaboration - 15%
1. Supports Engineering Design Change Requests, as needed, for assigned projects.
2. Ensures designs fall within company/supply chain capabilities and meet project objectives.
3. Responds in a timely, professional, and accurate manner to all internal requests for support.
Continuous Improvement- 5%
1. Maintain and improve the assigned engineering processes and procedures to drive for increased department throughput, increased deliverable quality, and removal of roadblocks.
2. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue to grow skills and abilities.
3. Has completed planned training and development activities.
4. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency in the department or other areas of the company.
5. Invest in the professional development of project team member’s skills.
6. Learn and share lean practices and acquired skills with co-workers.
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.