American Farmland Trust (AFT) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to saving America's farm and ranchland, promoting sound farming practices, and keeping farmers on the land. Since our founding in 1980, the organization has helped protect more than 5 million acres of our country's working lands. AFT is a national organization with regional field offices throughout the United States, including California. For more information go to: www.farmland.org with our California programs highlighted at: https://www.farmland.org/our-work/where-we-work/california
The California Program and Outreach Coordinator assists with outreach and program delivery, administrative, and fundraising operations for the California Division of American Farmland Trust (AFT). The position is full time and is located at AFT’s Sacramento office. Occasional travel is required throughout the state for conferences and other outreach events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the CA and national communications staff, coordinate the development and oversee the execution of the CA communications plan and CA communications calendar
- Coordinate the planning and graphic design of priority publications
- Oversee the organization of all outreach materials and assures an adequate supply is regularly distributed to all CA staff and offices.
- In partnership with the CA and national communications team, maintain a current California page on the AFT website and the Profiles in Stewardship website and an active social media presence through monitoring of relevant industry content and the creation of engaging and creative content.
- Coordinate blogs and press releases on CA specific topic with CA staff and national communications staff
- Work with CA staff in responding to public inquiries, processing requests for materials, compiling information packets for distribution and coordinating materials and logistics for conferences, meetings, workshops and fundraising visits.
- Help strengthen relationships with AFT’s core constituencies while spreading the word to new audiences about the organization’s mission and work.
- Work with all AFT California staff in responding to public inquiries, processing requests for materials compiling information packets for distribution and coordinating materials and logistics for conferences, meetings, workshops and fundraising visits.
- Coordinate staff meeting agendas, action items, reports and scheduling.
- Maintain all CA files on the shared server including photo and print archives.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the needs of the Sacramento office as to the maintenance of office equipment and requisition of office furniture and supplies.
- Schedules a variety of meetings for CA and National leadership staff
- Provides support to a variety for a variety of AFT program tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
Have fun in your job!
The Program and Outreach Coordinator must be highly organized and a capable problem solver. S/he must be highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills. Creativity and strong communication skills are essential. Other desired qualifications include:
- A BA or BS degree and a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in communications, education and outreach, or related fields
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and word processing skills: Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, graphic design experience a plus.
- Strong editing, writing, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Experience and proficiency with a range of online social media platforms as well as social media strategy and research
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with the public and staff
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated commitment to high quality professional work
- Must be flexible, and be able to work with periodic supervision, independently and as part of a team
- Courteous, outgoing and positive personality
- Knowledgeable about the programs and activities of the American Farmland Trust
American Farmland Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Farmland Trust complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.