We are rapidly growing and seeking a talented individual(s) to join our Molecular Biology Team as an Associate Scientist. The employee will be responsible for executing projects within the laboratory, writing study/research plans, and summarizing data to clients and colleagues via technical reports. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Nucleic acid purification
· Media and buffer preparation
· DNA analysis and gel electrophoresis
· Maintaining accurate laboratory notebook and relevant documentation
· Maintaining equipment
· A.S. or B.S. in Biology, or related field, with 0-3 years professional experience
· Experience with standard molecular biology, nucleic acid extraction, and PCR techniques
· Proficiency with DNA viewing and editing software
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment
· Candidates proximal to Worcester, MA are preferred.
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.