DES is currently looking to hire a Project Manager in the Security field to work alongside with our Security Department Managers, Technicians, and most importantly our Customers. Preferably looking to hire an open minded and ambitious individual who is willing to adapt where needed with great interpersonal and teamwork skills.
The Security Project Manager is a crucial asset to our company that manages a vast number of projects and technological jobs that range from moderate to highly complex. Manager must be efficient in the estimating, planning, approving, administrative and execution processes and be able to communicate with internal departments about job statuses and opening/closing of jobs/projects while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Supervises and performs estimating, design, installation, budgeting and documentation processes of Security Projects and Jobs.
- Create and manage a detailed project work plan for each project + manage project portfolios including: Prioritizing projects, allocating resources, and reporting progress to management
- Attend training, meetings and workshops for the purpose of conveying information that will be essential in performing job functions.
- Builds and maintains positive and efficient customer/vendor/employee relationships
- Manages projects to ensure successful and consistent delivery on scope, budget, and schedule
- Perform site survey and walk through with customer before and after each project
- Determine invoicing milestones and verify payment submission process with customer while providing accurate and timely data to the Accounting department
- Coordinate with purchasing and inventory control personnel to ensure timely sourcing of all necessary tools and materials
- Ensure all labor requirements are met including: Clearances, Certified Payroll, Prevailing wage, etc.…
- Facilitate safety meeting and ensure OSHA requirements are met.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- While performing duties of this job, Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Employee may be required to lift, pull, push, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Incumbent will be required to use a computer with a keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed.
- Education/Knowledge: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with Access Control & Surveillance Systems; previous experience with project management is strongly preferred.
- Immense knowledge of Technology, Security, Networking, Structured Cabling and Data analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- May be required to participate in safety training and/or certifications provided by the company or customers
- Valid Driver’s License is required, as employee will be required to travel to client site as needed.
- Superior time management and organizational skills to make sense of complex systems
- Previous experience in purchasing is a plus
Workdays and Shifts:
Position works Monday-Friday, daylight hours, and additional time as needed to complete work