The Documentation Specialist monitors Therap and LTSS to ensure all entries are error free and all concerns are addressed. They will also monitor and document what services were performed and when, then bill for each person we support. They will help ensure our files are updated in a timely manner and we are compliant with regulations. They will need to be technologically savvy and stay up to date on the industries trends and advancements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review, read and identify concerns with all entries made into Therap and LTSS (Electronic Documentation Systems) including but not limited to incident reports, daily reports, goals and outcomes, and attendance
• Ensure documentation and attendance of each service performed is accurate and recorded for billing in the correct systems for each person we support
• Assist with Therap and LTSS training for employees as necessary, including development and implementation of training before rolling out the new program.
• Monitor and assist in maintaining appropriate documentation on everyone for programmatic and billing purposes.
• Assist in running reports, identifying documentation challenges, and updating information as necessary in Therap and LTSS
• Although this job description refers to Therap and LTSS as the primary electronic documentation systems, these systems may change at any point. The responsibilities of this position are assumed for any electronic documentation system that Providence Center is currently using.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience working in the field of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities preferred
• Strong computer background, with emphasis on typing and data entry
• Medical billing background a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet, etc.
• Experience with Electronic Documentation Systems preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, squat, bend, kneel, push, pull, reach with arms, and handle/feel objects. Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.