The VP of Advancement & Communications is responsible for all activities related to internal and external marketing and communications along with the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual, major, and planned gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The VP of Advancement & Communications will be directly responsible for successfully creating, leading and implementing an integrated marketing and communications, and advancement strategy. This strategy, which supports Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois strategic plan, will focus on: implementing a multifaceted communications and outreach strategy targeted to members, volunteers, funders, donors, board and constituents, and; developing new donor and partner relationships, while maintaining existing ones to build the organization's visibility, impact, and financial resources.
MISSION OF GIRL SCOUTING
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
All employees are expected to fully support the work and mission of the organization.
- Cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of principal gift prospects to contribute significantly to GSofSI’s fundraising success in concert with the CEO.
- Creates a clear, specific operational plan with milestones to achieve progress toward long-term and immediate operational and fundraising goals that provide philanthropic support for GSofSI’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Develops, plans, and manages a variety of fundraising and cultivation events. Assess and strengthen their effectiveness.
- In conjunction with the CEO builds relationships with external and audiences, publics and stakeholders.
- Ensure dynamic processes in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Oversees responsibility for development, expansion, and protection of brand initiatives to improve visibility, and reputation.
- Supervise the grant writing and reporting process.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Fund Development Committee.
- Oversees building of GSofSI’s brand equity and image through social media, public relations, advertising, promotion, and sponsorships.
- Builds integrated communications, public relations strategies based on the organization’s strategic plan, goals, objectives and target market segments.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive strategy to increase giving for all areas of fundraising including annual giving, major and planned giving and capital campaigns.
- Oversee development of all print communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications. Oversee relationships with associated vendors.
- In concert with the CEO, serve as a spokesperson and lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.