BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
Our team of experts is intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient client relationships that enable customers to participate in these projects. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation drives our company’s dynamic culture.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable, and of high integrity. We don’t just want to do business; we want to do good business. As a certified B Corp, we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for an Engineer to manage interconnection duties for solar and storage projects. Primary focus will be to create and manage utility interconnection applications, build relationships with utilities to expedite the interconnection process, work with the Project Development team on technical and financial decisions for interconnections and manage vendor interactions. Your daily activities will include but not be limited to project support but also strategic research and analysis on technical and policy related topics. Attention to detail and thoroughness are critical for being successful in this position. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as well.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Interconnection Process
- Create, track and manage interconnection applications for various projects
- Negotiate with utilities on interconnection related topics, including scope, timeline and costs.
- Manage utilities customer portal system on a daily basis
- Review and draft one Bline diagrams for solar and storage systems for interconnection purposes
- Research utility infrastructure to inform projects
- Assist management in Interconnection strategy
Policy and Incentives
- Manage incentive application and materials or BlueWave projects
- Manage and communicate interconnection milestone payments and schedule
- Assist in justification of the financial case for interconnection payments
- Coordinate with internal teams and processes for making payments
Internal and External Communication and Management
- Form strong relationships and maintain frequent communication (formal and informal) with various utility personnel across the chain that impact Blue Wave projects.
- Manage and conduct bi-weekly meetings with utility personnel
- Prepare and lead weekly internal interconnection update meetings
- Manage third party technical consultants, engineers and other entities
- Provide interconnection and incentive related materials as requested
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on a team
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and manage tight deadlines
- Detail orientation
- Organizational skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills (Excel)
- Knowledge of utility infrastructure (including transmission and substation engineering) is a plus.
Technical expertise (preferred)
- Understand solar and storage project electrical components, including batteries, balance of systems, inverters and transformers
- Understand solar and storage project single line diagrams and layouts
- Understand utility infrastructure and interconnection processes
- Understand technical aspects of utility interconnection materials
- Understand state policy, incentives and tariff implications on interconnection applications in East Coast markets
- Understand and inform the development team on interconnection related decisions