“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package.
Silver Oak and Twomey Cellars is seeking a dynamic Tasting Room Manager to provide an excellent visitor experience and manage all tasting room activities and staff at our Twomey Cellars winery in Calistoga, CA. This is a regular full time, salaried, exempt position, eligible for benefits.
Tasting Room Business Management
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Marketing, Retail and Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager to determine yearly sales goals and operating budgets.
- Responsible for closely managing departmental operating budget and all wine and merchandise inventory.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Marketing, Retail and Hospitality and Retail Sales Manager to develop and execute wine education programs that best reflect Silver Oak and Twomey brands and support meeting sales goals.
- Continue to lead Silver Oak and Twomey in Wine Education Programs, by assessing educational needs and leading competitive tastings.
- Continue to provide support for Wholesale in off-site pouring events and assisting in creating educational itinerary for trade accounts as needed.
- Manage departmental policies and procedures and partnering with other departments to develop and promote Silver Oak and Twomey brands.
- Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager to develop training manuals, service standards and inventory management.
- Collaborate with Visual Merchandise Coordinator to ensure that tasting room is stocked and tidy at all times.
- Responsible for assisting in all other tasting room/retail functions as needed.
- Responsible for providing support to events team and marketing/PR team as needed.
- Provide monthly reports providing information to Retail Sales Manager on performance, challenges, and victories.
- Responsible for networking with the surrounding businesses and community to build relationships and drive traffic to Silver Oak and Twomey tasting rooms.
- Work collaboratively with other tasting room managers to share best practices of tasting room operations.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to all tasting room staff by communicating brand story.
- Builds a high performing team that is motivated, engaged, goal oriented, and provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Defines clear expectations and levels of accountability for the team. Assigns responsibilities, empowers others, delegates, removes obstacles, allows for and contributes needed resources and monitors progress.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing performance of Manager on Duty and Tasting Room Sales Associates.
- Responsible for monthly scheduling of Manager on Duty and all tasting room staff to assure proper levels of staffing and managerial coverage exists at all times.
- Manages the team’s performance on an on-going basis, providing feedback and coaching in a timely manner. Provides opportunities for growth and development. Documents performance via company’s performance management program.
- Demonstrates leadership through sound business decisions, high ethical standards, accountability, values, and behavior. Builds trust within their teams and other departments.
Additional Existing Facility Responsibilities
Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager, Events Manager, and Director of Hospitality to develop visitor programs to support brand objectives and integrating tasting formats including the future courtyard pergolas.
Collaborate with Retail Sales Manager and Director of Hospitality to establish sales goals, and capital and operating budgets.
Creating and nurturing possible new relationships with neighbor wineries and businesses.