POSITION/BUSINESS TITLE: Development Director
PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT: Rochester Economic Development Corporation (REDCO)
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer (REDCO)
CCSI SERVICE LINE: Business Management Services
DATE: April 2020
LOCATION: Rochester, NY
ABOUT REDCO: REDCO is a not-for-profit development corporation, dedicated to stimulating and increasing business investment in the city of Rochester, NY. REDCO's purpose is the creation and retention of jobs, as well as providing viable commercial services for city residents.
REDCO provides technical, financial, and other services to support the growth and success of existing businesses, as well as businesses relocating to the city of Rochester.
REDCO’s core values are expected to be demonstrated through behaviors and actions of all staff. All applicants (internal and external) must also evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
• Economic Inclusion
• Mission/Related Investing
• Community and Economic Empowerment
• Community Wealth Building
• Racial Equity
ABOUT CCSI: CCSI is contracted by Rochester Economic Development Corporation (REDCO) to provide program management services, including specialized staffing.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Development Director develops and oversees an ongoing fundraising program through cultivating relationships with philanthropic individuals, foundations, and corporate donors. Candidate actively researches, pursues and submits applications for local, state, federal, national, and philanthropic grants to support advancement the organization.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Works with CEO to create and implement annual Development Plan, including ad campaigns, communication, event planning, and fundraising monitoring/reporting.
• Identifies prospective wealthy individuals, philanthropic and corporate donors; develops strategies to cultivate those relationships.
• Builds, maintains, and monitors network of private and corporate funders.
• Maintains ongoing communications with private and corporate donors; ensures timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
• Researches potential sources and applies for foundation grants and public funding.
• Collaborates with staff on planning and conducting fundraising events and donor receptions.
• Assists REDCO leadership in strategic planning and annual budgeting.
• Provides high-level, professional services to internal and external stakeholders.
• Fulfills other responsibilities as needed.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: To be successful in this position, you will need competence in:
• Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles.
• Proven track record raising funds from multiple constituents.
• Evidence of managing multiple concurrent projects through to success.
• Knowledge of tax planning principles and techniques that favor charitable giving.
• In possession of existing network of potential donors and funding sources.
• Demonstrated excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and presentation.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Marketing or related field required. [Candidates without degree will be considered if they possess all required skills and experience, as demonstrated through past performance.]
• Five years’ experience in not-for-profit fundraising, or equivalent education and work experience (see CCSI's equivalency chart).
• Valid NYS Driver License and reliable transportation to travel for business.
• Must have or be able to obtain required documentation to be eligible to fly on commercial airlines within the U.S. for business.
• Respect the confidential nature of all CCSI and CCSI customer information you are exposed to in the course of your work performance. Staff working directly with protected health information /electronically stored protected health information, personally identifiable information, and other patient/consumer/customer data, will abide by the specific procedures and policies outlined by CCSI’s Code of Conduct and CCSI’s Privacy and Security Policies, New York State regulations and Federal regulations.
OPERATING PRINCIPLES AND DEMONSTRATED BEHAVIORS:
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values through behaviors and actions. These operating principles are expected of all employees in all roles. All applicants (internal and external) must evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
• Excellence in Customer Service
• Honoring People and Their Work
• Individualized Work/Life Integration
• Community Connectedness
• Diversity & Inclusion
ABOUT CCSI: CCSI is a not-for-profit management services organization with a special focus in the area of behavioral health and human services. We help provider agencies, local and state government, and other not-for-profits deliver programs and services that improve health and quality of life for the people they serve. Our administrative offices are in Rochester and we work with customers and communities across New York State. Our customers are our partners, and we work hard to develop the longstanding, productive relationships needed to support high quality services.
CCSI’s culture is one that values integrity, innovation, community connectedness, and exceptional customer service. We are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, an inclusive environment, and efforts aimed toward dismantling structural racism. Our people make CCSI what it is and in turn, we strive to create a work environment that supports both personal and professional growth. We work hard and appreciate the importance of wellness through work/life integration.
ABOUT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SERVICES: CCSI’s Business Management Services provides customers with specialized consultation and staffing in areas like Finance, Revenue Cycle Management, Human Resources, and Business Intelligence, tailored and scaled to meet the needs of small to mid-sized not-for-profit organizations. As systems and funding structures continue to evolve at a rapid pace, so must an organization’s business infrastructure. CCSI partners with organizations across New York state, providing the business services needed to support the not-for-profit community in delivering innovative, high quality services.
CCSI and REDCO are equal opportunity employers. REDCO encourages diversity in hiring and particularly welcomes applications and nominations from minorities, women, and gender non-binary individuals. REDCO does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other categories protected by federal or state labor law. REDCO seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice.
CCSI does not accept inquiries from third party recruiters or search agencies.