This is a Full-time position with competitive salary, bonus, health benefits, and 401K.
Dallis Bros. Coffee is a 100+ year-old craft coffee roaster with deep roots and a rich history in New York City. We are seeking a Territory Sales Manager with a passion for a career in the specialty coffee industry. Our brand is headquartered in our new, state of the art office and training lab in Long Island City, NY.
This position is available immediately. It is a field sales position requiring visits to customer and prospect locations in and around the New York City area. You will be expected to work collaboratively with the Coffee Director and others throughout our organization. Customer types include restaurants, cafes, coffee bars, anywhere great coffee and allied beverages are appreciated.
Territory Sales Managers at Dallis Bros. Coffee are responsible for generating new product sales, placing equipment, training customers, performing basic maintenance of equipment and managing relationships with accounts.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Be a strong team player who has the ability to work independently.
• Must be willing to be trained on:
o green coffee grading
o sustainability initiatives
o single cup brewing
o espresso and milk preparation
• Must be willing to occasionally travel to origin
• Must be willing to travel to national trade shows (SCA, NCA)
• Occasionally work weekends and evenings
• Daily general responsibilities shall include, face-to-face meetings with prospective customers.
• Work with existing customers to help them improve their beverage programs.
• Organize daily action plans to achieve individual goals.
• Effectively communicate and convey brand messages and concepts to customers and prospects.
• Position reports to the Senior Vice President/Head of Specialty Coffee.
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the specialty coffee industry preferred and/or specialty food/beverage sales in general.
• Have an authentic passion for all types of coffee and coffee preparation.
• Valid Passport.
• College degree preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and computer skills, be able to work with spreadsheets and write concise proposals for customers and prospects.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills including good math skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to varied work environments.