**While BRCA is still recruiting for open positions, candidate interviews and start dates may be postponed until the Covid-19 (novel Coronavirus) conditions improve**
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant / Front Desk Check-In/Out Specialist. This position involves answering calls and checking in patients in a health care setting. This should be done in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the health care system. The CMA / Front Desk is expected to follow all HIPPA rules and regulations. The employee must be able to implement appropriate telephone etiquette skills.
- Answer phones in a timely manner and direct each call to the appropriate person.
- Enter new patient demographics.
- Check in patients and verify demographics.
- Create charts for all established patients and make sure each chart is completely ready the day before clinic and send out new patient packets.
- Verify insurance, taking co-pays and collecting past due balances.
- Schedule office appointments and surgeries.
- Assisting with patient exams, obtaining vital signs, patient health history and consults.
- Maintaining patient care areas including instrument sterilization.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician.
- Explaining treatments, medications and physician instructions to patients.
- Properly document records in the EMR system.
- Refer patients to necessary specialists requested by the physician.
- Manage clinical & office supplies inventory.
- Sterilizing and handling medical equipment (in accordance with OSHA regulations/requirements).
- Disposing of contaminated supplies and sharps (in accordance with OSHA regulations/requirements).
- Maintain and update all OSHA requirements/regulations.
- Handling, labeling and prepping collected specimen(s).
- Arrange specimen pick ups by laboratory.
- Call in prescriptions as ordered by physician.
- Must work as team player and be willing to assist other team members in other duties.
- Participate in educational sessions specific to corporate needs or job duties - locally or remotely including travel, as needed.
- Make sure the lobby is clean and neat.
- Attention to detail
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Proactive, motivated and focused team player
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certified as a Medical Assistant
- Proficient knowledge/ability with all Microsoft Office Applications
- One to two years experience in medical office.
- Experience with EMR.
We offer Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401(k)/Vacation and Holidays.
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.