This position is responsible for cloning and expressing antigens, antibodies and their variants for our antibody discovery programs.
- Perform cloning methods, PCR methodologies, and vector and primer design.
- Perform PCR, DNA mini-, midi-, maxi-prepping procedures.
- Prepare and process samples for next generation sequencing.
- Analyze DNA sequences.
- Maintain and archive DNA clones, and bacterial glycerol stocks.
- Organize, summarize and present data and results at department and project team meetings.
- Assist/mentor junior, and new, laboratory personnel.
- Develop an expanding technical and theoretical knowledge base in molecular biology with a growing understanding of the scientific literature in relevant areas of research.
- Maintain a detailed and well organized record of experiments in an electronic notebook.
- Maintain familiarity with literature to propose and implement improved procedures and protocols, and to aid in problem solving.
- Follow and adhere to SOPs and laboratory safety regulations.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques.
- Expertise in cloning and PCR methodologies, including vector and primer design.
- Practical knowledge of protein expression vectors (promoter, transcriptional signals, etc.) and have the ability to analyze DNA and protein sequences.
- Knowledge of DNA analysis software programs such as Sequencher, DNAStar or their equivalent, and with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Ability to communicate clearly, and to report and present experimental results and analysis to company colleagues.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including both written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, organize multiple assignments, and work simultaneously on at least 2 projects.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a complex, changing environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, and results-oriented.
- Team player, intensely committed to success and getting the job done well in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn and follow protocols.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to details.
- Position may require occasional evening and/or weekend commitment
- Position may require working with biological and/or chemical hazards
- Position might require lifting up to 20 pounds.