**While BRCA is still recruiting for open positions, candidate interviews and start dates may be postponed until the Covid-19 (novel Coronavirus) conditions improve**
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is currently seeking a Medical Coder & Administrative Manager. Typical duties will include administrative, clerical and overall management of staff and physicians. This position will be responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and applying the proper assignment of ICD-10-CM, HCPCS and CPT codes, along with properly using modifiers for services performed in the office, hospital or clinic setting. Must have knowledge of regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures for all insurance companies that pertain to billing physician and mid-level CPT codes. Must be comfortable interacting with patients and delegating tasks when appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison and works collaboratively with clinic staff to ensure accurate patient information for all outpatient encounters is obtained.
- Patient registration process including but not limited to financial counseling, registration, insurance verification and initiation of outpatient referrals.
- Confirms that outpatient procedures have required authorizations.
- Surgery Scheduling.
- Pre-certification and coding for surgical procedures.
- Research coding related issues.
- Maintain working knowledge of hospital systems in order to gather patient information.
- Analyze patient's charts carefully to know the diagnosis and assign specific ICD-10 codes.
- Maintain physician calendars and call schedule.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Submits completed billing information to corporate office in a timely manner.
- Answering incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate areas.
- Provide training as needed.
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree or higher strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in healthcare related field.
- 2 years experience in ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT Coding.
- CPC - Preferred
Experience in the following areas:
Training and overseeing office staff
Maintaining and organizing records
- Strong working knowledge of ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT coding as well as the proper use of Modifiers for service perfromed.
- Knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance rules and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Independent and analytical skills.
We offer Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/401(k)/Vacation and Holidays.
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.