The Senior Accountant will be integral to a critical function and, under the direction of the AVP Technical Accounting and Chief Accounting Officer, will assist in the integration and ongoing administration of financial and compliance control programs. You will work on challenging and interesting projects including assisting in the financial reporting processes as well as recommend improvements that add value to risk management, internal control, governance and business processes. As a Senior Accountant, you will be interacting with both managers and executives across the organization and will be a liaison between the Company and external auditors and SOX consultants.
- Assist the AVP-Technical Accounting with maintaining process narratives, risk control matrixes, control testing documents, etc.
- Partner with process owners by providing guidance and assistance with updating and improving internal control process documentation.
- Schedule and conduct control walkthroughs for all key processes.
- Prepare work papers documenting procedures performed and effectively communicate control findings to process owners.
- Assist in the evaluation and assessment of internal controls over financial reporting and compliance.
- Recommend improvements that add value to risk management, internal control, governance and business processes and communicate control findings to process owners.
- Assist with SOX requests from external auditors and SOX consultants.
- Continuously work to enhance the SOX program to become more efficient and effective.
- Assist with and/or complete ad hoc projects as requested (e.g. research and document issues, financial reporting, assist the SEC manager with organizing the tie-out support for SEC filings, etc.).
- Other duties and projects as required for success of the department and the company.