Palomar Specialty Insurance Company
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company provides catastrophe insurance for personal and commercial property. Headquartered in La
Jolla, California, our company was founded in 2014 by a group of insurance veterans who saw a need for customized options in
the catastrophe market nationwide. By offering our products through an exclusive network of agents, brokers, wholesalers, MGA’s
and program administrators, we ensure our policyholders receive specialized service for their catastrophe exposures.
Palomar Specialty is a growing insurance provider that is building an extraordinary business around an exceptional team of employees.
If you would thrive in a dynamic work environment where your contributions will be recognized and rewarded, we would like to talk
to you about joining our collaborative, hard-working team.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position in our La Jolla office:
Position: PRODUCT MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced insurance Product Manager to join our company and hit the ground running as a contributor
within the product development team. This role will focus on the creation, maintenance, enhancement, and launch of products
in the marketplace. This Product Manager should have a firm understanding of product design and implementation, company
licensing, pricing, regulatory compliance, rate changes and updates and how to prepare and submit rate filings for property lines
of business. This role will rely heavily on data analytic skills and be responsible for much of the program reporting requirements
to respective business stakeholders. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and report monthly KPIs for applicable product lines
- Perform periodic rate analysis; prepare and submit rate filings to respective state regulators
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and implement program marketing strategy
- Engage with claims team to understand and report trends in claim frequency and severity
- Collaborate with external distribution partners including Managing General Agencies and Program Administrators
- Assist product development team with new product R&D
- Assist in preparation of reinsurer product updates
- Ad hoc data analysis and reporting as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant field – minimum requirement
- 2+ years’ experience in insurance program analytics or product management
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines
- Microsoft Office skills required – Advanced Excel, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills. Collaborative team player a must
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with insurance rate filing requirements
- Proficiency in database tools such as Access and SQL
- Competitive salary that is commensurate with individual experience.
Benefits & Compensation:
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company offers competitive salaries, ongoing professional development and a comprehensive benefits package, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Company-Paid Long Term Disability benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (with company matching), Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays. Paid parking.
For more information about the company, visit www.palomarspecialty.com. No phone calls or agency solicitation please.
Palomar Specialty Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.