We are looking for a positive individual to join our team as a Food Service Cook! This full-time position works from 6:30am-6:30 pm rotating schedule.
The Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center provides a safe and restrictive environment for juveniles requiring secure residential detention within the five Florida Parishes. We are a nationally recognized award winning agency and pride ourselves on our service to the community.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• Our ideal candidate is willing to learn and grow as a professional. All new hires are paid to undergo our on-site training to empower them for success in this field.
• Our ideal candidate has experience working in Food Services at Institutional Settings. Child Nutrition experience preferred.
• Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a team atmosphere and is self-confident in preforming assigned tasks.
• Our ideal candidate is willing to commit to a structured work schedule and long-term, full-time employment.
What We Offer Our Staff:
• This position enjoys a set-schedule that offers Friday and Saturday off!
• Uniforms and meals are provided for each team member. There is no cost to you!
• Our excellent benefit plan offers each employee cost-free health, vision, and dental insurance. We also offer holiday pay,
vacation/sick time, participation in the State Retirement Program, and much more! Visit FPJDC.org for the complete list.
• Credit will be given for prior experience working in food services.
• There is the possibility to earn annual pay raises of up to 6% each year!
General Food Service Cook Expectations:
• Assist in preparation of food and snacks for youth and staff within the facility.
• Knowledge of standard kitchen tools and equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain appropriate records.
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
FLORIDA PARISHES JUVENILE DETENTION CENTER IS AN EQAUL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit http://fpjdc.org/pre-employment-requirements for more information!
Requirements To Qualify For Position:
Applicants must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for employment with FPJDC:
• Possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s License
• Have a high school diploma/GED.
• At least one year experience in food services.
Candidates MUST successfully complete all pre-employment requirements, as listed at FPDJC.org.
• Diana Screen
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug and Health Screen