Clinician (NP or PA)
Being a clinician at Planned Parenthood is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to support a mission while providing high-quality health care to patients eager for your expertise.
- On the job training in the latest methods of reproductive and sexual health
- Generous benefits package including Paid Time Off (PTO), 401(k) plan with company match, medical/dental/vision
- A predictable schedule with nine paid holidays and no overnights
- Free on-site parking
- An understanding of the importance of balancing work and family life
- A focus on education and prevention
- A focus on high-quality, evidence-based practice
- Patients who need you and choose you for your expertise
- The opportunity to work in a remodeled health center (coming soon!)
At Planned Parenthood we believe that diversity in identity and perspective enriches our agency and allows us to better serve our clients. We are committed to workforce diversity and aspire to reflect the communities we serve. To that end, we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ identifying individuals, people with disabilities and other underrepresented groups to apply. In support of Planned Parenthood of Central & Western New York (PPCWNY)’s mission, the Clinician is responsible for providing reproductive healthcare to women and men of all ages. The Clinician will “float” or travel to health centers across the agency, with Syracuse as their home base.
- Reviews and evaluates patients’ health histories including obstetric, gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, family health history, and psycho-social backgrounds; evaluation includes the assessment of the effectiveness of current contraceptive methods, and identification of future needs based on patients’ lifestyles and plans
- Performs physical examinations with special emphasis on the reproductive system
- Diagnoses and formulates treatment plans for patients based on findings and utilization of health histories; may refer more complex cases to specialists
- Maintains health center productivity standards
- Assumes legal responsibility in conjunction with PPFA for prescribing, ordering and dispensing drugs and supplies in compliance with State and Federal laws, and in accordance with PPFA/PPCWNY medical policies/procedures.
- Provides information, education and counseling in the areas of health maintenance, reproductive care, and family planning methods
- Accurately document in patient electronic health records indicating medical services provided, primary diagnosis codes, conditions treated, medications dispensed, lab tests performed, etc.
- Performs and/or consults on projects/studies as needed
- Work on other projects as assigned by the Health Center Manager, Director of Clinical Services, or Medical Director
- Comply with credentialing process and updates of standing orders and practice agreements
- Shows respect to all internal and external customers for differences in backgrounds, lifestyles, viewpoints and needs in areas such as race, gender, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation and others
- Must have a current NYS license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioners must be board certified by the National Certification Corporation, America’s Nurses Credentialing Center, or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners; Physician Assistants must be certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule with ability to travel to health centers across the agency as needed
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid NYS driver’s license not in jeopardy of being revoked
- Planned Parenthood seeks candidates who have experience delivering care in ways that honor and respect LGBTQ communities
- A commitment to Planned Parenthood of Central and Western NY (PPCWNY)’s mission, vision and values along with a commitment to providing services to a diverse range of clients and to the goals of PPCWNY is essential
Work ScheduleFull-time position; regular schedule will be Monday – Friday with rotating Saturdays.CompensationCommensurate with experience.
We offer a generous benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan with company match.
Planned Parenthood serves a diverse client population and is committed to workforce diversity.Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Our Region
From Niagara Falls to Syracuse, PPCWNY encompasses a bold and changing landscape. Buffalo has undergone a remarkable transformation in recent years, from a redeveloped waterfront and revitalized neighborhoods to a burgeoning craft beer scene and over one billion dollars in new investment. Rochester offers urban life, a bustling arts and music scene and top notch entertainment. From Niagara Falls to the Syracuse, the region offers affordable living, 4-seasons and city-life with the convenience of small-town living or small town living with easy access to city life.