Responsible for supervising and/or providing the design and engineering support for projects as requested through the design, development, and construction phases of these projects. This position will work on projects from the proposal stage through to project closeout. Will also supervise and monitor outside architectural and engineering consultants on a daily basis. Works closely with Proposal, Project Controls, Estimating, and Operations Teams in maintaining the design status of each project.
QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR
Responsible for coordinating , overseeing and documenting the quality control program on field projects as well as identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, client relationships, customer service as they relate to the quality management system.
ENGINEERING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in site visits as requested.
- Supervise outside design and engineering consultants as required.
- Assist in the Estimating Group, preparing cost proposals and establishing completion dates.
- Assist the Proposal Group in preparing the design and narratives for proposals.
- Assist in the production and review of specifications for various types of projects.
- Assist in the development and review of plans, specifications, and inspection reports, as needed on assigned projects. Ensure that these items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good construction principles and practices.
- Assist Operations Group in the preparation of statements of work for subcontractors.
- Assist in the resolution of design or engineering problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections and documenting findings and proposed solutions.
- Assisting in the preparation of project plans in accordance with applicable codes and specifications.
- Review constructability of designs and provide written review
- Assist Operations and Scheduling to develop realistic design and construction schedules that meet client expectations
- Mentor and educate company team members relating to design expectations
- Review third-party design documents and provide written comments
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALITY CONTROL DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the projects
- Oversee the implementation of project specific construction Quality Plans at job locations
- Perform project site audits to ensure adherence to company SOPs/policies, project plans and specifications, and confirm as built drawing completions
- Lead quality investigations on project issues as they arise at construction projects
- Document construction quality control through the project and maintain reporting requirements including photo documentation and written reports
- Gather and maintain Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) submittals for applicable projects
- Lead the communications on customer concerns regarding construction quality and coordinate appropriate adjustments with applicable CMS Construction and Management teams