We have an immediate opening for a Day Porter. The Day Porter ensures that clients/ visitors are comfortable while enjoying a curated selection of beverages and food. The Day Porter works in concert with the Office Manager to ensure the facility is a clean, productive, and positive workplace environment for employees and clients alike.
• Provides exceptional accommodations for clients, employees, and visitors by anticipating their needs and building positive rapport to help retain their trust and patronage.
• Picks up groceries, meals, and supplies and makes deliveries as needed.
• Prepares and carries out barista duties, including beverage prep and espresso and coffee machine maintenance.
• Coordinates with Office Manager to assist with set-up and clean up as needed
• Maintains kitchen: keeps counters and cupboards clean and free of clutter, maintains stock of matching flatware, dishes, and glassware, and ensures replenishment of supplies
• Maintains bathrooms and conference rooms
• Coordinates daily stocking of beverage refrigerators, coffee bar and break room supplies
• Performs weekly inventory of kitchen and pantry supply par levels
• Assists in coordinating employee and client events
• Assists with coverage when Office Manager is out
• Assists management studio maintenance
• Other duties as assigned
• BA or BS degree preferred not required
• 1-2 years of experience with food service and/or hotel hospitality in a customer-facing role (barista experience highly desired, as well as an enthusiasm for executing basic food recipes)
• Current valid California driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation is required
• Capable of prioritizing departmental needs and managing time during busy periods
• Ability to transition between kitchen-based and administrative tasks
• Must be service oriented, with the ability to exhibit professionalism with high-profile clientele
• Able to be stand for extended periods
• Must be comfortable with repetitive hand motions
• Ability to lift/push/pull 35 lbs
• Experience in fast-paced environment.
• Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management).