- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales/Merchandising, Business or related experience.
- Preferred: MBA.
Work Experience Required:
- 5-8 years retail store experience in outdoor equipment industry with high volume.
- 2-3 years of community engagement and events.
- Multi-store management a plus but not mandatory.
Skills and general experience:
- Retail management merchandising, organizational and communication skills are essential. Budgeting, time management, staffing/scheduling personnel, product knowledge, computer skills and basic accounting are required. Experience, knowledge of rock climbing, skiing and mountaineering is necessary.
General physical requirements:
- Visual acuity requirements: No special visual requirements.
- Motion and sensory requirements: Climbing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, typing, talking hearing.
- Physical working conditions: Long periods of standing and occasional outside environment may be required.
Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability as well as other wellness benefits, and 401k. BD offers supplemental accident, hospital insurance and pet insurance. Relaxed dress code and a dog friendly office. If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy discounts on industry gear and apparel.
Black Diamond is and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.