The Packaging Set Up Technician I: Primary responsibilities include set up various packaging equipment including but not limited to tablet fillers, bottle unscramblers and cleaners, cappers, cottoner, desiccant feeder, check weigher, metal detectors, labelers, cartoners, ink jet printers, etc.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensures proper set-up of the packaging line before and during a job run
• Ensures the line is running at its target rate during a job run
• Troubleshooting of packaging equipment. Report any equipment issues to management
• Complete set-up sheets
• Complete work order and part order requests.
• Complies with company policies, SOPs and cGMPs
• Follows all procedures set forth in the set-up procedures
• Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
• Assists fellow technicians and the Line Leaders.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management
Education and Experience:
• High School or GED diploma preferred
• Prior mechanical or machine operator experience required
• Experience in set-up and troubleshooting pharmaceutical packaging equipment required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently to meet deadlines
• Ability to understand the basic principles of packaging.
• Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
• Ability to communicate effectively and be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
• The ability to identify, locate, and transport parts which requires reading, counting, and performing simple math calculations.
• Must be able to utilize basic hand tools and identify correct fastener sizing.
• Physical effort may be required which includes prolonged standing, lifting, climbing, bending, moving or carrying heavy materials.
• The operation of certain machinery requires eye, hand, and foot coordination.