At Springbuk, our vision is to prevent disease with data. We are creating real change in healthcare by empowering smarter decision-making via our health intelligence platform. Our team is nationwide, we work hard, we win together, and we share an inspiring company culture.
A Senior Software Engineer at Springbuk provides technical leadership on their team and across the company by building great software and being an example for other engineers. You will be contributing code daily, but you will also work with stakeholders to shape the product, and you will work with other top engineers to shape the platform.
Here’s what you will do:
- Design and build high-quality features for the Springbuk health intelligence platform
- Keep the code healthy, fix bugs, debug and troubleshoot
- Write automated unit and integration tests
- Participate in all scrum ceremonies with your team
- Collaborate with your team to break down, refine, and estimate projects
- Review code of other engineers and provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate with technical leaders to improve the architecture of the platform
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to improve process and encourage healthy habits
- Mentor other engineers and share your wisdom
- Work in our stack of React, Ruby on Rails, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch running on Amazon Web Services
A successful candidate will have:
- 5ish years of experience in professional software development
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical teammates
- Demonstrates healthy professional engineering habits, such as considering performance, security, logging, documentation, extensibility and other non-functional requirements
- Full-stack understanding of web applications
- Strong understanding of working with data and relational databases
- Experience working on an agile team: short iterations, issue tracking, version control, QA, etc.
- Ready to work in a continuous delivery environment
- Interest or experience using tools, algorithms, and statistical methods to analyze data
- Ready to work at a dynamic scale-up company with a SaaS product
Here’s what your team will do:
- Our data quality team is responsible for the tools and processes that monitor the accuracy and integrity of the healthcare data we ingest and enrich for our customers and partners.
- Build tools to analyze data and detect errors and anomalies
- Investigate, diagnose, and fix problems with customer data
- Implement new models and rules, and tune thresholds of existing rules, to improve error-detection capabilities
- Design and build improvements to our data pipeline to prevent errors
We prefer that this position works from our Indianapolis-based headquarters, but we will discuss a remote arrangement for the right candidate.
We are unable to consider non-US based remote employees for this position at this time.
Being You at Springbuk:
Springbuk’s goal is to attract and retain diverse talent and provide an inclusive environment for all where everyone’s voice is heard and all employees feel accepted. Springbuk is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.