Join Our Team of Safety Professionals
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Part-Time Safety Advisor – High Voltage/T&D – Indianapolis, IN
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs priority, works well in a team setting, is self-managed, and is flexible when it comes to change.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the Owner
• 5+ years’ Safety experience
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of construction safety in an industrial setting
• Minimum of three years of direct safety management experience
• High Voltage experience
• Degree in Safety or related fields
• OSHA 30-Hour Construction Course
• First-aid/CPR certification
Experience preferred in the following area:
• General Construction experience
• Certifications including CSP, ASP, CHST, OHST
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.