**While BRCA is still recruiting for open positions, candidate interviews and start dates may be postponed until the Covid-19 (novel Coronavirus) conditions improve**
Burn and Reconstructive Centers of America is currently seeking a Certified Medical Assistant / Front Desk Check-In/Out Specialist. This position involves answering calls and checking in patients in a health care setting. This should be done in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of the health care system. The CMA / Front Desk is expected to follow all HIPPA rules and regulations. The employee must be able to implement appropriate telephone etiquette skills.
• Answer phones in a timely manner and direct each call to the appropriate person.
• Enter new patient demographics.
• Check in patients and verify demographics.
• Verify insurance, taking co-pays.
• Schedule office appointments and surgeries.
• Assisting with patient exams, obtaining vital signs, patient health history and consults.
• Maintaining patient care areas including instrument sterilization.
• Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician.
• Explaining treatments, medications and physician instructions to patients.
• Properly document records in the EMR system.
• Refer patients to necessary specialists requested by the physician.
• Manage clinical & office supplies inventory.
• Sterilizing and handling medical equipment (in accordance with OSHA regulations/requirements).
• Disposing of contaminated supplies and sharps (in accordance with OSHA regulations/requirements).
• Maintain and update all OSHA requirements/regulations.
• Handling, labeling and prepping collected specimen(s).
• Arrange specimen pick ups by laboratory.
• Call in prescriptions as ordered by physician.
• Must work as team player and be willing to assist other team members in other duties.
• Participate in educational sessions specific to corporate needs or job duties - locally or remotely including travel, as needed.
• Make sure the lobby is clean and neat.
• Attention to detail
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Proactive, motivated and focused team player
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment