Please view this video about the role.
Basic Function: Builds relationships with families and provides the available resources to encourage the success and well-being of our families. This includes serving in an advisory capacity at all steps, reviewing and examining documents, performing quality assurance reviews, and offering encouragement and support all along the way. Transforms intimidating experiences into reassuring ones for a positive, enriching experience.
Under close supervision, manages a caseload of families who participate in the Alternative Payment Program. The Child Care Eligibility Specialist I will conduct individual interviews with parents to determine eligibility and need for subsidized childcare, enroll new families, accurately process changes from families according to established policies and procedures. Monitor caseload by conducting necessary follow-up, verifications, and keen attention to detail to ensure ongoing compliance with federal, state, and agency rules and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate Degree and/or Certificate in Human Services, Business, Early Childhood Education, and/or related field desired. Must have strong clerical, administrative, and computer skills; prefer one to two years’ experience, education and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be detail-oriented, have exceptional organization skills; ability to prioritize workload, and work under strict deadlines. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, have the ability to maintain positive client relationships; ability to maintain confidentiality; use tact, diplomacy, and discretion when responding to and interacting with clients; adapt to new situations, policies, and procedural changes.
Must have strong math skills, and experience entering data entry into systems proficiently. Must be able to manage an assigned caseload with appropriate guidance and supervision; able to follow, interpret and apply policies, procedures, and state regulations when determining need and eligibility; able to initiate prompt and professional responses to clients, co-workers, and other individuals. Able to use office equipment, which may include calculators, scanners, copy and fax machines, telephones, and file cabinets in a safe manner.
Bilingual/Spanish preferred (based on office needs). Certification of good DMV record. Valid auto registration and insurance. Position may require occasional driving to and from locations to meet with parents and /or for the purpose of training.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Provide and explain in detail CDA’s childcare and preschool programs to parents who walk-in or call; educate on admission and/or continued eligibility requirements.
2. Provide relevant and timely resources and referrals as needed.
3. Conduct enrollment/recertification appointments; process eligibility status changes; maintain documentation and verification requirements.
4. Request updated documentation for continual compliance, and process changes within timelines via correspondence, computer updates, personal inquiries, and verifications.
5. Track and monitor eligibility and status of families receiving childcare services; submit reports as needed.
6. Calculate income and determine family fees, following up on all changes as needed.
7. Initiate prompt and professional responses to clients, co-workers, and other individuals while delivering timely services; continually prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
8. Maintain organization of family files to create an accurate paper trail showing eligibility for childcare services provided.
9. Participate in on-site and off-site learning opportunities such as workshops, conferences, staff meetings, and trainings.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday—Friday, 40 hours per week, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. However, may require evening and weekend hours based on the needs of the program.
Hybrid schedule opportunity available - 2 days in office, 3 days remote (after training period has been completed).
Salary: $21.00 per hour; Non-Exempt
Promotional opportunity to a Child Care Eligibility Specialist II at $21.67 per hour is typical after 6 months (on average).
Comprehensive Benefits: Choice between 3 low deductible medical plans and 2 dental plans. Vision, flexible spending account for health care and dependent care, and legal service plans available. Paid holidays, sick pay, and vacation time. (Up to 5 days’ vacation after the first year, up to 10 days after the second year, additional 4 holiday bonus days after 3 years, and up to 15 days after 10 years of employment.) Long-term disability, group, and voluntary life insurance plans. Annual employer contribution plan and employee 401(k) contribution plan.