The Application Administrator is a core functionality position of our company. This position is the
front line for the company’s application technical support and directly interacts with users and
works in a timely manner to resolve issues and maintain and enhance our internal software
application systems. The companies’ three main applications are ConnectWise, CANDI and 4A.
The company licenses ConnectWise and relies on the manufacturer for code enhancements and
new releases. ConnectWise is a locally hosted, licensed, third-party application which runs on IIS
using ASP.net and MSSQL. The companies own source code for CANDI and 4A. These
applications are hosted in the cloud and remotely managed and updated. CANDI is a custom
application using Ruby-on-Rails and PostgreSQL. 4A is a custom application using ColdFusion.
There are also multiple specific use websites which were developed using Apache, PHP (including
• Familiarize yourself with the companies’ primary applications: ConnectWise, CANDI and 4A.
This includes but is not limited to learning account administration, report building/writing,
system configuration, systems automation & enhancements, keeping all components up to date,
and managing integrations with other tools.
• Develop and implement software enhancements
• Selection, implementation and use of BI development tools
• Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using a BI tool.
• Connect to data sources, import data and transform data for Business Intelligence.
• Responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
• Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) using deep understanding of our applications to ensure our
end users understand the product capabilities.
• Investigate and analyze reported defects and escalate to Application Manufacturer support
• Train staff to ensure familiarity with the system features after each upgrade.
• Work with internal IT to perform patching/upgrades of supported applications
• Work with management across multiple organizations to identity opportunities for
• Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, track hours and communicate status to
• Perform other tasks as needed and/or requested
• Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
• Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling BI reports as per the business requirements.
• Ability to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly
by taking care of the resources.
• Knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
• Knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse,
PolyBase, Visual Studio, PowerBuilder BI.or similar tools etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to conduct and direct research into technical issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• High level of self-motivation
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to thrive in a culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
• Ability to work in an environment which may require:
o sitting for extended periods of time
o dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools
and to handle other computer components
o occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings
o lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals