Kythera Space Solutions is the leading provider of dynamic management systems for next generation satellite payloads and networks. Sophisticated communication satellites with channelization and beam forming capabilities promise satellite operators and their customers extraordinary flexibility and newfound complexity. Kythera’s intelligent, real-time systems make it easy to harness the power of high-throughput satellites.
Kythera is seeking a dynamic, senior Technical Program Manager to lead the development of groundbreaking satellite communications software. The ideal candidate has a proven track record managing complex, highly technical, multimillion dollar, fixed-price, real-time, enterprise-class commercial software development contracts. Critical is experience managing large, agile software development projects for real-time systems; a decade or more technical experience in software development and/or communications engineering; and a knack for deftly weaving multiple technical disciplines, management and processes, business strategy, and organizational dynamics into a successful program that yields a happy customer. Experience managing both commercial and government software development contracts and experience in the satellite industry are all big pluses.
• Lead and manage program/project development of large-scale enterprise systems with real-
time operational requirements, achieving project and customer success
• Prepare project plans and coordinate completion of project deliverables from planning through
• Align activities and resources to achieve on-time and within-budget project delivery.
• Responsible for project P&L.
• Work closely with numerous customers, customer organizations, and partners.
• Monitor, manage, and report on the project's finances.
• Contribute to the team's technical progress.
• Manage risks and make adjustments to ensure the project stays on track.
• Report to and present to senior management within the company and customer accounts.
• Support new business development activities.
• Developing, nurturing, and managing a diverse team of software and engineering professionals
Must be able to:
• Work independently
• Solve complex organizational, team, delivery, and process problems
• Understand and lead the resolution to complex technical problems
• Lead and direct a highly technical, diversely skilled, and geographically dispersed team, (and
these days) virtual team
• Manage project financials, including P&L, cash flow, burn rate, EVM
• Work well in a team
• Establish strong, long-term working relationships with customers
• Proven expertise managing multimillion dollar fixed-price projects
• Experience in large, complex software development projects, enterprise-class solutions
• Experience with dynamic, real-time systems and the unique requirements they impose
• Experience with highly technical systems with mathematical and engineering complexity
• Detailed agile software development process knowledge and experience
• Experience with enterprise-class software systems with many external interfaces to third-party
• Experience in communication systems, in the communications industry, and ideally in the
• Experience managing both fixed-price and T&M contracts
• Experience working with large commercial companies as customers
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, the Google Suite, Jira, and project management tools
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Strong business acumen, with an ability to tie project progress to business goals and value
• Strong customer relationship management skills
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to develop, manage, and juggle a complex schedule,
many deliverables, and lots of parallel paths of activity
• Experience with large business organizational dynamics
• Experience estimating and costing software development projects
• Experience authoring proposals, both technical and management content
• Experience preparing and presenting both technical and C-level management presentations
• Ideally trained in Agile
• PMP a Plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Technology and 10+ years of experience. Masters degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (EOE/AA M/F/D/V/SO/GI)