We are currently seeking a team oriented human resources and payroll consultant to consult with member organizations on total payroll needs. Follow project scope and work collaboratively to design competitive compensation programs.
This position is part-time and project based.
This position reports to the Manager of Payroll & ASO Services.
Summary of Essential Functions
• Consult on payroll projects to include review of structure, compliance, processes, and systems with goal of meeting the member’s strategic objectives.
• Ensure programs are aligned with organizational philosophy, culture, budget, and practices.
• Develop and deliver findings and recommendations to various entities including Boards, and City Councils, as well as management and employee groups.
• Consult with members to assess payroll, technology, and compliance needs.
• Process payroll on a variety of technology platforms.
• Develop customized solutions and processes as appropriate.
• Process administrative items on behalf of member companies.
To succeed in this position you must be able to effectively partner with member organizations to process payroll efficiently and on time. This requires the ability to collaboratively coordinate and facilitate a variety of priorities within member dictated timeframes.
Employers Council is a non-profit, membership organization providing expertise in employment law, human resources, training, and surveys to employers. Employers Council offers employees exposure to a broad mix of industries and business situations, and significant opportunities to broaden skills and experiences. While our members’ success is our top priority, we also enjoy our team environment and strive to have fun, working with colleagues who respect one another.
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. Qualified applicants are provided an equal opportunity and selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge and understanding of the entire HR body of knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree, and three plus year’s payroll-related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Flexibility to travel to member site as needed.
• Expert ability to listen and communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
• Ability to create and modify excel spreadsheets, design power point presentations, and create other documents as necessary.
• Strong knowledge of payroll compliance concepts across various states.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and within budget.
• Experience using multiple payroll/HRIS platforms.
The starting hourly pay can range from $25.00-$47.50/hour.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
General office environment the majority of time. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.