The Production Assistant is responsible for support to Production Planner/Scheduler by ensuring that pre-production materials are gathered to complete work at the production level.
• Knowledge of, understanding of and compliance to all QOD’s that are associated with your job description.
• Actively participate in Hammer Packaging’s Lean, Quality, Product Safety, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), and Workplace Safety Programs.
• Process job bags. Check for accuracy by cross-referencing job bag versus job tag in PSA/Printflow. Deliver job bags for Litho presses to layout dept, and flexo and digital bags to shipping dept.
• Add color standard information to job bags before delivering bags to layout department, make jobs standards when needed or necessary due to volume (color standard, folders, ink drawdowns, customer standards & quality history information).
• Process change orders and cross-reference that changes were applied in PSA/Printflow and updated on copysheet by ServiceNet dept if required.
• Backup to Production Planner/Scheduler: Conduct AM & PM production meeting when needed and fill in for the Production Planner/Scheduler when out of the office.
• Assign die tool, in radius, for jobs that have die cut labels (ex: seedbags).
• Information Validation: validate all job information is correct ahead of entering a job into Layout.
• Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work history
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• 1 to 2 years Graphic Arts experience
• Communications, Data Entry, Radius & PSA/Printflow