F&S Produce Company, Inc. is centrally located in Southern New Jersey enabling access to an estimated 100 million consumers. Our two facilities consist of over 650,000 square feet of refrigerated and ambient production space and process over 150 million pounds of produce annually for our retail, food service, and industrial customers across the United States.
For the past 40 years, we’ve been perfecting our production and safety processes to become the finest-quality provider of fresh-cut fruits and vegetables, fresh foods, and frozen commodities in the Eastern United States. As a leader and innovator within the industry, we’ve delivered these principles to everything from restaurants and convenience store chains to supermarket prepared food operations, and numerous other high-volume food industries.
F&S Produce Company has cultivated a tradition of success through dedication and innovation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic problem solver, team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic, in the Food Manufacturing industry. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for conducting machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs, preventative maintenance service and ongoing maintenance support for all plant equipment and facilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs typical maintenance tasks to support operations and plant functions.
• Reference machine operation and maintenance manuals to perform scheduled and unscheduled periodic maintenance and/or cleaning of equipment and machines.
• Troubleshoot and resolve equipment malfunctions, to include electrical (24-480V), hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, motors, variable frequency drives, various pumps, valves, baggers, etc
• Maintains the work area, equipment, in a clean and orderly condition. In addition, follows prescribed safety regulations. Identifies and resolves potential safety hazards. Performs simple and complex troubleshooting.
• Contribute to continuous process improvement efforts to reduce downtime and cycle times, gain improved efficiencies, and eliminate waste within the processing environment. Advises management on significant maintenance trends affecting the facility and proposals for improvement. All interactions, work flow, productivity levels, and quality standards are implemented with a “Customer Service" approach to both internal and external customers.
• Complete and maintain a written maintenance management system
• Assist in set up, changeover, and startup of production lines
• Assist in the installation of new production equipment or modification of existing equipment.
• Provide adequate training for personnel on proper equipment usage.
• Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists team members in solving work problems.
• Responsible for requesting adequate materials and supplies for the maintenance function.
• Create a work environment that reflects a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, food safety and quality of products.
• Performs duties in compliance with safety rules, standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
• Minimum of 3 years of industrial maintenance experience in a food manufacturing environment is highly preferred
• Strong technical background and training education with practical experience in plant maintenance
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment including industrial electric, three phase power, control circuits, VFDs, PLCS, etc.
• Ability to weld using various methods – MIG, TIG, Arc, etc.
• Boiler operations experience preferred
• Good verbal and written communication skill
• Must be able to lift/carry a minimum of 50 lbs on occasion
• Must be able to work in a climate that varies in temperature including working outdoors in all weather conditions
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time during working hours
• High School diploma or equivalent
We have several openings for 1st and 2nd shifts at our Vineland locations.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
At F & S Produce, we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans