Parallel Technologies is searching for an experienced salesperson to sell intelligent building infrastructure solutions. The primary responsibility is selling building automation and energy sustainability to improve building performance for people. The Account Manager is responsible for developing direct client relationships with decision makers, conveying the breadth of Parallel’s capabilities, and working with the team to propose solution. The sales territory will be in Minnesota.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated to help clients achieve their objectives with integrated intelligent building technologies. Must have experience in building automation and a background in security is desirable.
• Create direct client opportunities for building automation and other intelligent building technologies.
• Understand client key business objectives to develop account-based sales strategies
• Manage sales process from developing leads, qualifying opportunity, solution and proposal development, client presentation to close.
• Produce quotes and proposals, and respond to RFPs
• Apply qualifying skills and leadership to ensure we focus on high probability opportunities.
• Leverage presales engineering resources to position solutions and close deals.
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders.
• Accurately estimate opportunities with support from engineering
• Following sales process, management of pipeline, and achieving set quotas.
• Curiosity to develop better solutions
• Strong commitment to exceed client expectations
• Experience in complex sales environment
• Experience developing value producing relationship network within the building automation market
• Ability to articulate a clear value proposition to clients
• Ability to work at a fast pace within a changing environment
• High degree of motivation, self-direction, commitment, and integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• High degree of motivation, self-direction, commitment, and integrity – desire to achieve.
• Curiosity for better solutions
• 5+ years of successful sales experience with building automation systems
• Strong understanding of HVAC and building control systems, including lighting systems
• Some regional and national travel will be necessary at times