The primary responsibility is selling physical security solutions to improve building safety and security for people. The sales position is to develop new client relationships with decision makers, conveying the breadth of Parallel’s capabilities, and working with the team to propose solution. The sales territory will be in Minnesota and surrounding area.
• Meet or exceed sales quota while achieving gross margin expectations
• Manage their own sales pipeline and forecasts per the sales guidelines
• Develop direct client opportunities for physical security and other intelligent building technologies.
• Understand client key business objectives to develop account-based sales strategies
• Manage sales process from developing leads, qualifying opportunity, solution and proposal development, client presentation to close.
• Produce quotes and proposals, and respond to RFPs
• Apply qualifying skills and leadership to ensure we focus on high probability opportunities.
• Leverage presales engineering resources to position solutions and close deals.
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders.
• Accurately estimate opportunities with support from engineering
• Following sales process, management of pipeline, and achieving set quotas.
• Curiosity to develop better solutions
• Strong commitment to exceed client expectations
• Experience in complex sales environment
• Experience developing value producing relationship network within the building automation market
• Ability to articulate a clear value proposition to clients
• Ability to work at a fast pace within a changing environment
• High degree of motivation, self-direction, commitment, and integrity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
• High degree of motivation, self-direction, commitment, and integrity – desire to achieve.
• Strong understanding of surveillance, access control, intrusion detection, and emergency notification systems
• Understanding of various manufacturer product lines
• General networking (TCP/IP) knowledge
• Knowledge of underlying structured cabling to support security systems
• 5+ years of successful sales experience with physical security systems
• Some regional and national travel will be necessary at times