As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities.
We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude. We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates for full-time position as a Logistics Sales Representative for Charlotte, Atlanta and Nashville regions. Qualified candidates must have successfully sold multi-modes of transportation as but not limited to TL van or reefer, Intermodal, International, LTL, Parcel, Expedited, Flatbed, Bulk, etc. In addition, the candidate must have an existing book of business to “hit the ground running”.
Position Overview: This role must be an experienced sales professional with current brokerage, transportation, or logistics operations experience, who brings a successful track record of establishing and closing new business opportunities in the transportation industry. Must interact in a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude.
• Identify and qualify new business opportunities.
• Generate new business through prospecting, networking, cold calls and referrals building own portfolio of customers.
• Be proficient in Truckload, Intermodal and LTL operations, and product overview.
• Successfully follow the START (Sales, Transportation And Relationship Training) curriculum.
• Conduct sales presentations to prospective customers.
• Independently quote rates, and book loads for Mode Transportation.
• Conduct on-going follow-up to develop greater value, communicate new opportunities, and build professional relationships.
• Provide manager with monthly revenue and expense reports, and annual projections thereof.
• Become knowledgeable of Transportation Management System (TMS) capabilities as they relate to customers.
• Meet minimum goals for sales revenue and gross margin.
• Communicates effectively and professionally.
• Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
• Provides attention to detail and proactively address issues in a timely manner.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
• Operates safely in all conditions.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Follows company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 2-3 years Transportation sales, or operations experience required.
• Independent, ambitious, self-motivated with the desire and ability to manage their own book of business.
• Bachelor’s or Graduate degree with major/significant coursework in transportation, sales, marketing or communications.
• Outstanding communication, presentation, negotiation, and organizational skills required.
• Executive-level relationship-building.
• Analytical and insightful with the ability to identify areas for improvement, and to offer creative suggestions for implementation.
• Proficient in all Microsoft products, including Outlook, Excel.
• Previous experience working with Salesforce and/or other CRM systems, a plus.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with internal and external stakeholders.
• Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
• Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
• Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related technology.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.jillamy.com.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.