Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan! Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
• Develop code and design software for claims systems
• Monitor and assist with software testing, as well as validation procedures and programming
• Proactively seek out ways to improve software processes through continual analysis and problem-solving
• Monitor and assist with software installation; ensure platform operates within established specifications
• Evaluate user feedback to then modify software for optimal usability
• Modify existing software to correct errors as needed
• Collaborate with systems analysts, engineers, and programmers to design systems
• Ensure data security through the development of programs that monitor safe information sharing
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• 1-3 years of experience in development or similar role
• Knowledge in Web technologies, particularly Java/J2EE
• Previous experience with InsuranceNow/Sapiens or other Property & Casualty Policy Administration System
• Understanding of XML and Velocity template language
• Experience with Angular JS and running them through Node JS
• Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
• Experience working with Open Source frameworks, such as Spring and/or Hibernate
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred
• Experience with testing and deployment of applications and systems
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT and Bitbucket
• Understanding of Agile methodologies preferred
• Experience with micro services architecture and containers
• Familiar with Cloud Computing (AWS, Google Cloud)
• Experience designing RESTful APIs
• Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
• Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full-time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation, and discounted pet insurance.
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.