Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America?
If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to identify key business requirements to enable enterprise BI/Performance Management strategy
- Oversee data architecture and data integration with dimensional data modeling, data sourcing / mapping, and data flow within the implemented solution
- Partner with business team members and document requirement specifications and determine necessary ETL & Reporting solutions
- Conduct project planning and work estimates
- Be responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the Microsoft SQL Server platform
- Provide technical direction and work with 3rd party vendors to define and deliver BI applications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in computer science, information technology, or other related field or equivalent experience required
- 5-7 years of experience working directly with insurance
- SQL development experience including T-SQL and SSAS
- Hands-on experience with design, development, and execution of Extract, Transform and Load (ETL)
- Proficient analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Capacity and passion for cross-functional learning, experimentation, and innovation
- Experienced in working across functions and work groups as needed so the company and department can achieve or exceeds its overall business objectives
- Extensive experience in planning and delivering enterprise-wide reporting (preferably SSAS) and data warehouse solutions using proven delivery methodology, frameworks, and best practices
- Working knowledge and experiences in data design / dimensional data modeling
- Working knowledge of AtScale Tableau is a plus
- Strong understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
The position is full-time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, 401K, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
Petplan’s office (or doghouse, if you will) in Newtown Square boasts amazing amenities in the 210-acre Ellis Preserve parkland campus, featuring:
- a fitness center with on-site personal training staff
- aerobic classes like spinning, step and yoga
- a basketball court
- weight room
- juice bar
- massage services
- daycare facilities for gym patrons
The campus also has a full-service cafeteria, beautiful walking trails and outdoor seating for both people and pets!
At Petplan, it’s not just about what we get, but what we give; each employee receives one additional day of paid time per calendar year to devote to volunteering for the charity of their choosing. Our “Petplanthropy” program empowers employees to give back to the causes they believe in, as well as work together to support the company’s “pet” projects, like raising funds for MS Service Dogs, organizations like the North Shore Animal League and animal health researchers like the Morris Animal Foundation.
Petplan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.