The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to Hammer Packaging employees. The HRBP serves as a consultant and adviser to business leaders in the effective management of their workforce through implementing performance management; organizational design; analysis and implementation; change management; talent assessments and leadership development This role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing outstanding customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
1. Knowledge of, understanding of and compliance to all controlled documentation that are associated with this job description.
2. Actively participate in Hammer Packaging’s Lean, Quality, Product Safety, SQF (Safe Quality Foods) and Workplace Safety Programs
• Partner with manufacturing plant leadership, serve as an effective and valued business partner in advancing Hammer Packaging’s culture to attract, motivate, develop and retain a diverse group of employees
• Guide and influence leaders to align manager and employee behaviors and capabilities to business needs and to drive significant cultural change and employee engagement
• Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Relentlessly and constructively challenges situations and behaviors that are not consistent with our 6 shared values
• Implement human resource processes, including the following: workforce planning, organizational change/effectiveness, process improvement, staffing and pipeline development, training opportunities, and organizational development
• Provide strategic guidance to leaders in areas of change management and employee development including but not limited to; individual performance development, career and talent development
• Develop innovative and successful sourcing strategies to build a pipeline of credible, manufacturing, entry, mid-level and professional candidates
• Manage employee & labor relations by investigating, resolving and communicating employee questions, issues, concerns, grievances, and sets union labor strategy for the facility
• Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADAAA to minimize risk/exposure to the company
• Use data analytics to inform key business and talent decisions
• Support delivery and development of effective training programs for all employees
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline required. MBA/Master’s degree preferred; SHRM SPHR certification a plus.
3-5 years of Human Resources Experience (essential).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Demonstrated knowledge (through specific HR experience) of HR fundamentals
• Ability to truly engage with operations and leadership team members with true business partner involvement
• Self-motivated to embrace/define/drive continuous improvement in how you and the HR team serves the business
• Results oriented person with excellent communication skills, initiative and personal accountability
• Ability to challenge leaders, be confident and well-versed in moving the plant along with the company's vision
• Experience with supporting business and company changes, while being progressive and dynamic with critical thinking