Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard, and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance – Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate, and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements, and give it all we’ve got, every day.
The Email Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for flawless execution and proactive improvements of Petplan’s email marketing program. Reporting to the Email Marketing Manager, this individual will be responsible for day-to-day email activities, including scheduling, creation, execution, testing, and analysis of email marketing programs. This position will maintain the email marketing calendar and execute against it as scheduled.
- Assist in the creation and execution of email marketing campaigns, including template designs, copywriting & coding as directed, building clear call-to-action, database segmentation, scheduling and reporting
- Perform quality assurance tests to ensure emails render/deliver correctly across a wide variety of email clients such as testing browsers and devices for a consistent user experience
- Daily monitoring of campaign and delivery performance reporting
- Execute conversion rate optimization strategies within emails as well as A/B testing towards improved performance
- Proactively propose new A/B tests, analyze results, and identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance
- Generate regular and ad hoc reports on email performance summarizing the effectiveness of campaigns with recommendations for improvements
- Monitor deliverability by reviewing sender score, domain reputation, open rates by domain, complaints, unsubscribes, bounce rates, blocked emails, inactivity, etc. on a daily basis
- Partner with the creative team to drive the email creation for all campaigns by writing creative briefs and providing direction to ensure a high-converting experience
- Work closely with performance marketing, business intelligence, and site management teams to support data-driven, lead nurturing email programs with a focus on high-converting users
- Prepare Photoshop files, slice and resize images to be included in email communication
- Purchase and upload gift card redemption codes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects simultaneously and implement last-minute changes as needed
- Ability to code an email in HTML based on provided creative
- Knowledge of email best practices, from subject line creation to email structure, all designed to drive performance
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) knowledge a plus
- Working knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical skills; the ability to work with data efficiently and effectively
- High proficiency in advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMif statements, etc.)
- An inquisitive nature. You should be excited to check the data on all campaigns each day and curious to find out the causes and effects of performance
- Ability to learn required business systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience in a digital role such as: email management, site management, social, project management, or paid advertising in a direct to consumer brand or agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Data Science or other related field
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following: Listrak, Salesforce, AWeber, Hubspot, Bronto, Klayvio, Mandrill, Mailchimp, Sendinblue, or Constant Contact
- Google Analytics certification a plus
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent team player; proven ability to succeed as part of a high performance team
- A naturally curious, master problem solver, obsessed with ways to “make things better” and a never satisfied lust for learning
The position is full-time and employees receive competitive compensation. Other perks for the Petplan team include health, dental, 401K, paid vacation, pet insurance and lots (and we mean LOTS) of food!
Petplan’s office (or doghouse, if you will) in Newtown Square boasts amazing amenities in the 210-acre Ellis Preserve parkland campus, featuring:
- a fitness center with on-site personal training staff
- aerobic classes like spinning, step and yoga
- a basketball court
- weight room
- juice bar
- massage services
- daycare facilities for gym patrons
The campus also has a full-service cafeteria, beautiful walking trails and outdoor seating for both people and pets!
At Petplan, it’s not just about what we get, but what we give; each employee receives one additional day of paid time per calendar year to devote to volunteering for the charity of their choosing. Our “Petplanthropy” program empowers employees to give back to the causes they believe in, as well as work together to support the company’s “pet” projects, like raising funds for MS Service Dogs, organizations like the North Shore Animal League and animal health researchers like the Morris Animal Foundation.
Petplan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.