Tris Pharma, Inc. (www.trispharma.com) is a rapidly growing, technology-driven pharmaceutical company engaged in branded and generic product development. Located in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, Tris has an immediate opening for an AR&D Scientist.
The Analytical Research and Development (AR&D) Scientist performs laboratory analyses in the testing of raw materials, in process (IP), finished products (FP) and stability (ST) samples following Analytical Methods, Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and company policies.
• Collaborating closely with, and under the direct supervision of, Senior AR&D Scientists and AR&D Managers the incumbent carries out laboratory work to support AR&D activities and performs special projects as assigned. She/he also carries out laboratory work to support product development and method development. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, SOPs, and state, federal and local laws
• Operates general analytical instruments during raw material, IP and FP testing such as High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Gas Chromatography (GC,), Ultra Violet visible spectroscopy (UV/Vis), automatic titration, Infra Red Spectroscopy (IR), Atomic Absorption (AA), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC) and dissolution apparatus
• Performs wet chemistry tests such as Limit of Detection (LOD), pH, and titration and other tests according to the analytical methods, United States Pharmacopeia (USP) procedures in a regulated laboratory environment; Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods and performs all necessary calculations associated with the test analyses
• Labels, transcribes and records documentation such as report sheets and laboratory notebooks as required by SOPs
• Cleans, maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment to ensure compliance with current Good Laboratory Practices (cGLPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
• Assists with the investigations and method development, as needed
• Carries out quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of product development
• Analyzes and interprets test results
• Identifies and troubleshoots problems with instrumentation and analytical preparations
• Compiles with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
Bachelors degree in Chemistry or related scientific field AND minimum 1 year experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
• Hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation (UV, IR, HPLC, GC and/or dissolution instruments) in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting REQUIRRED
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office REQUIRRED
Tris Pharma, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. To build and enhance our diverse workforce, we encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women, etc. Tris Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.