Are you passionate about food, wine, and building community? Join our positive, fun, and hardworking team at McEvoy Ranch, a beautiful 550-acre farm in Petaluma, CA, and enjoy wide-ranging benefits including discounts of up to 40% on our award-winning products.
For over three decades, McEvoy Ranch has been making the highest quality, award-winning, estate olive oils, small lot wines, culinary, and olive oil beauty products. Located 30 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge in the rolling hills of Petaluma, McEvoy Ranch is a 550-acre working, organic ranch, committed to good land stewardship and sustainable farming practices. The Ranch is home to 57 acres of Tuscan olive trees nestled amongst natural ponds, hiking trails, coastal fog, and native wildlife.
This non-exempt, part time & permanent position has a flexible schedule and is central to our customer experience. In this role, you will support the store Manager in the daily sales and operations of the Tasting Room and Hospitality Department including:
• Serving, hosting, and bartending to guests at several venues on our beautiful Ranch
• Setting up and breaking down experiences, special events, and tours (includes tables, chairs, and other equipment)
• Assisting in promoting and reaching sales goals with the Hospitality Team
• Ensuring the highest level of customer experience is provided to all guest visiting the Ranch
• Recommending, describing and demonstrating a product’s features and benefits
• Actively investigating and meeting customer needs
• Stocking merchandise and cleaning as necessary to maintain the retail shop aesthetic
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications.
- EDUCATION: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years of related experience in a retail, service, restaurant, body care, or food & wine environment
- EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE: Basic office equipment; phone, fax, computer, cash register and calculator
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Email & Internet / Sales & Inventory Management Software
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and processes
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, judgment and resilience
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Must have an aptitude for sales
- Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk extensively throughout the work shift, ability to reach outward, reach above shoulder, bend, and use hands and fingers frequently
- Occasionally must be able to squat or kneel
- May occasionally lift or push up to 25lbs.
- Occasional travel