As a senior member of the Sales team, the Strategic Account Manager will leverage a deep understanding of Managed Solution’s technical offerings to deliver a value-added, consultative sales approach. He or she will cultivate and nurture customer and partner relationships and drive new opportunities within our customer base (Orange County, Los Angeles, and San Diego) and within new, targeted accounts. The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for performing the following functions:
• Meeting or exceeding quota expectations for securing new and renewed service revenue on a consistent, sustained basis, as defined by the Director of Sales.
• Developing a robust prospect pipeline of opportunities by executing to sales plan and agreed upon activities, including a consultative, solutions-based sales approach; active networking and prospect engagement; and customer support strategies.
• Providing consultative sales for clients, differentiating Managed Solution by guiding customers to a best-fit solution based on the Strategic Account Manager’s familiarity with technical solutions; Managed Solution’s value proposition; and a thorough understanding of the client’s business and technology needs.
• Facilitating deep-and-wide sales approach to targeted enterprise accounts to achieve additional revenue attainment with those accounts.
• Developing strong rapport with vendors and registered channel partners to increase lead quality for Managed Solution.
• Setting meetings with client Points of Contact to discuss roadmaps, Quarterly Business Reviews, and newly identified opportunities.
• Supporting overall relationship with Managed Solution’s customers: Increasing adoption, ensuring retention and satisfaction.
• Provide Point of Contact escalations and assist with resolution of client issues, coordinating with various internal team members, including accounting, service delivery, and project management.
• Manage contract renewals, warranty renewals, and licensing purchases in accordance with Managed Solution sales processes, while identifying and closing additional revenue opportunities within those accounts.
• Establishing a trusted and strategic relationship with Managed Solution’s client base and driving continued value of our products and services.
• Effectively communicating client information across internal teams – sales, marketing, engineering, and MOC – and effectively navigating internal processes for presales resource scheduling, Statement of Work requests, contracting, etc.
• Improving customer opportunities by leveraging qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Building, qualifying, and managing an accurate sales pipeline in a CRM environment.
• Performing all related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• Demonstrated 5+ years of success (75%+ annual quota attainment) in a consultative, solutions sales role (Managed Services, Professional Service, Cloud, or other high-tech solution sales experience preferred)
• Demonstrated success in both hunting/business development and account management capacities
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with peers internally and external customers/prospects, including C-level executives
• Exceptional active listening skills to understand customer’s business needs (both spoken and implied)
• Demonstrated openness to coaching and feedback regarding activities and technology solutions
• Demonstrated ability to strategically manage time, resources, and efforts
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Excellent proficiency with standard business application software (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Proficiency with CRM software (Hubspot)
• Proficient understanding of major IT infrastructure concepts (networking, servers, OS, etc.) highly preferred
• This individual may be required to travel to and within San Diego, Orange, and Los Angeles counties at regular intervals, up to 25% of the time.