About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
This position is responsible for physical and mechanical condition of the building, utility systems, facility, and production equipment. Perform a variety of general repairs, installations and maintenance to support production and process equipment. Maintain facility equipment, building and utility systems such as boilers, chillers, and water, air and gas lines. Maintain a variety of electrical, PLC and electronic equipment. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems and replace worn or defective parts. Inspect equipment and perform preventive maintenance duties.
- Determine and select needed parts and tools needed to maintain equipment and facility,
- Make robust, sustainable repairs to equipment,
- Document maintenance activities and perform in-depth shift turnover,
- Adhere to plant safety programs (LOTO, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, etc.…)
- Conduct daily maintenance support and repairs of all production and facility equipment and systems
- Conduct daily preventive maintenance of all production and facility equipment through use of the work order system.
- Perform general carpentry and general repair of facility.
- Monitor/maintain facility equipment such as, boilers, cooling towers, air compressors, chillers.
- Bend and install conduit, pull and terminate wires, replace motors as needed.
- Make repairs on electric power devices, tools, lights and fuses up to 480vac.
- Aid in building security, operate alarm and fire protection systems.
- May perform welding as required. May involve AWS Certification Training.
- Must be willing to work any shift, including 8 hour, 10 hour, or 12 hour rotating.
- Special projects as assigned
- Electrical skills and the ability to solve electrical problems
- Must be able to read and understand some schematic diagrams, read and interpret equipment manuals
- Ability to troubleshoot PLCs
- Centrifugal pump experience and air diaphragm skills
- Ability to handle cleaning chemicals
- Use of crane experience a plus
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment, including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
- Welding experience helpful
- Ability to perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Technical savvy
- Independent Judgement and analytical skills
- Good decision making
- Results driven
- Dependable/Timely with reliable transportation
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or the equivalent in a technical field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years’ experience – particularly in an industrial setting.
This job operates in a plant environment. This role routinely requires moving around equipment thus the need for safety at all times. Temperature can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The noise level is high and requires attentiveness. Dusty environment though routinely air checked.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and possibly climbing. The employee must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.