About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost-effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
All full-time employees are eligible for benefits on day one of employment!
This position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, welding of steel modules using MIG welding equipment/techniques, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Able to work the required assigned shifts, day and/or evenings and weekends
- Primary job function — Responsible for the welding of steel modules using MIG welding equipment/techniques. Both structural and non-structural welds are required.
- Other work areas may include — cutting, laying, and button up
- Ability to operate equipment, including but not limited to material handling (forklift if required), hand tools, welding machine, welding gas, semi-automated machinery, measuring, and computers
- Multi-tasking, daily problem- solving and decision-making abilities
- Able to show attention to and perform quality-detailed work
- Must adhere to all CORMETECH, Inc. Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Quality Policies and Employee Handbook
- Special projects as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required, post-secondary education is preferred
- Good basic math and written communication skills required, higher proficiency math skills (fractions, percentages, & units of measure) preferred
- Welding certification (overhead & vertical) required or previous experience with the ability to pass a certification test within 90 days
- Good mechanical aptitude and ability to read blueprints including welding symbols required
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Lifting up to 50 pounds is required
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to pass ALL required pre-hiring assessments
Cormetech, Inc.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.